The Best Print on Demand Services Available in the World of Dropshipping.
Choosing the right print on demand service for your dropshipping business is key if you want it to succeed. But, with so many partners on offer in the fashion dropshipping business, securing the right print-on-demand service for your needs can be a tricky task.
With this in mind, we’ve done some serious research on the subject. Our aim? To bring you a list of dropship custom clothing and t-shirt providers you can rely on.
So, if you’re ready to dive into your print-on-demand dropshipping venture, we’ve rounded up a collection of 8 of the best print-on-demand suppliers. Explore the pros and cons of each below and make an informed decision on who you can trust to fulfill those dropship custom t shirts orders as they come rolling in.
Print on Demand Dropshipping Companies: our top picks
Every single one of the dropshipping clothing suppliers below offer printing, packing, and shipping services. So, check out the pros and cons of these men’s and women’s clothing dropshippers to find the right fit for your fashion dropshipping e-store.
Probably one of the more well-known platforms for anyone looking to drop ship custom shirts is Printify. And the reason Printify stands out from the rest is probably due to it being slightly different from the other t shirt dropshipping suppliers mentioned in this roundup.
Rather than merely being a dropshipping clothes provider, it allows fashion dropshippers USA and globally-based access to a collection of some of the best clothing dropshipping suppliers to world has to offer.
What this means is that at Printify, you’ll have more choice. And that extends to product options in terms of printing, t shirt dropshipping materials, pricing options and other options that will help ensure the success of your business.
At Printify, you’ll be able to access clothing dropshipping providers that can print your designs on everything from clothing and accessories, to home and lifestyle products, and beyond.
Now let’s look at some of the pros and cons of choosing Printify as a partner in your dropship clothing business launch.
Here’s a roundup of the key features that make Printify a good option:
- Easy to use: Printify is full of user-friendly features that will ensure that launching your men’s and women's clothing dropshipping business is easy. Simply choose a product from the catalog, select one of the fashion dropshippers that are USA-based, and upload the design you want to feature on that product. You can then add text to the front (or the back) of the shirt if you want to. Choose the sizes you’d like to offer your customers, and import the product. It’s really that simple.
- Free subscription tier: With its free membership plan, Printify users will benefit from access to its mockup generator, integration with top ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, Big Commerce, and more, and custom order importing to streamline your order processing operation too. It also allows integrations with Spocket for those looking for clothing dropshipping suppliers based in the USA.
- 24/7 customer service: Printify offers users access to live chat 24/7. And this customer support is available for all the membership tiers. Yes, including the free one!
As with most drop shipping clothing companies, Printify does have its drawbacks. Let’s explore the downsides to partnering with this print on demand service provider for the drop shipping clothing companies in your future.
- Average production time inaccuracy. While Printify does display an average production time when you come to place an order, the actual time it takes can be much longer. If you manage your customers’ expectations (and your own), you can get around this though.
- Quality ratings confusion. If you drop ship shirts - specifically print on demand shirts - and are looking for drop shipping clothing companies who have a high product quality rating, it’s not necessarily for printing tees. That supplier may not have even printed any print on demand t shirts before. But with the quality ratings being averaged across a supplier’s entire print on deman collection, it would be hard to know either way.
Printful is an innovator in the world of print-on-demand. As one of the oldest dropship t shirt companies, Printful is ideal for both novices and dropshipping pros.
The one downside that seems to resonate with entrepreneurs looking to add dropshipping tshirts to their list of ventures is that Printful is an expensive print-on-demand service. And this is mainly as a result of the low profit margins dropshippers are able to achieve.
That said, given that Printful’s print on demand products are generally higher in quality, you can work around those lower profit margins by listing the products at a higher price on your dropshipping store.
Printful can also be integrated with top online retail platforms including Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce and more. And, given that all of these platforms also support the Spocket plug-in, you can continue to access trusted dropshipping suppliers while exploring adding those print on demand t shirt drop shipping companies to your growing list of suppliers.
Here’s a quick roundup of the reasons to consider partnering with Printful in your dropshipping print on demand venture:
- User-friendly interface. Getting started with Printful is extremely easy thanks to it’s user-friendly features and intuitive interface.
- No startup costs associated. With no monthly or setup expenses you won’t have to worry about having plenty of capital in your startup pot at Printful. Simply pay the base price for the products as and when you need to fulfill a customer’s order.
- Get a 20% discount when you order a product sample. Want to find out what the quality is like before you start selling Printful print on demand products through your dropshipping store? Enjoy a 20% discount on your first product sample.
Good reputation in regards to its customer service. Printful have nailed it when it comes to customer service. When compared with similar print on demand dropshipping partners, both the response time and the quality of the responses provided leave little to be desired.
Anyone looking for print on demand services to boost their apparel dropshipping profits needs to be aware of some of the drawbacks associated with Printful before partnering with this provider. These include:
- Generally higher base prices. Printful print on demand t shirt drop shipping products start at comparably higher prices than some of its competitors. But, the products are generally of a much better quality too. This means that you can work around the seemingly low profit margins by marking up the print on demand products at a slightly higher price through your store.
- Change of mind and accidental order refunds are not possible. As with most made-to-order products, t shirt dropshippers partnering with Printful won’t have the option to issue refunds to any customers who might have ordered the wrong size or color. As such, it’s important to explain this on any of the product pages to avoid receiving negative customer reviews as a result.
Tpop is a print-on-demand company specializing in print on demand drop shipping clothing. It’s based in France, and Europe. And as such can be a great option for fashion dropshippers looking to offer print on demand services to global markets.
Its primary service is printing solutions for direct-to-garment demands across which is great for anyone looking for dropship t shirt printing. cotton clothing, as well as dye sublimation printing for more complex materials, such as polyester.
The main draw for Tpop is its commitment to eco-friendly ecommerce solutions. When it comes to wholesale clothing dropshippers, there aren’t many who can offer print on demand services for environmentally-friendly and green dropshipping stores. But Tpop can.
Along with the standard print on demand selling points, Tpop offers some more unusual USPs which will appeal to those with a focus on sustainability or global expansion. These are:
- Tpop is Europe-based. If you’re wanting to kickstart your print on demand dropshipping business in Europe, Tpop is a great choice. Being based in France, it can offer efficient printing and shipping services to EU addresses. What’s more, it could be a great option for those looking to expand their customer base too. It enables US-based online retailers who regularly dropship tshirts to viably enter European and Asian markets too.
- Environmentally-friendly print on demand company. This one is a biggie. As the desire for sustainable clothing is a hot topic right now, Tpop sets itself apart from the other print on demand services with its commitment to the cause. If your dropshipping store centers around eco-friendly alternatives, you now have the opportunity to add some print on demand designs to your product offering too.
Despite Tpop having not one but two USPs, it too has its cons. Here they are:
- Expensive base prices. As with all eco-friendly products, the base prices at Tpop start high. But, the good thing about this is that in general, people do expect to pay more for sustainable fashion. And so, as a dropship clothes supplier, you should still be able to mark up the products and ensure viability within the green shopping niche.
- Lengthy shipping times for non-EU customers. If you’re a dropshipper that’s based in the US and caters exclusively to the US market, Tpop might not be for you. That said, eco-forward print on demand products are hard to come by. So, what’s to say that your US customer base won’t mind waiting a little longer for their drop ship shirts order to arrive? EU-based shipments are expected to arrive within 2-3 working days post-dispatch. US-based deliveries will take 3-10 working days to arrive.
Printy6 is dedicated to providing dropshippers with the access they need to better print on demand services. When it comes to creating custom products, you’ll find the mockup generation feature easy to use and helpful in the startup process too as you can even design your very own custom branding.
Printy6 also boasts free shipping worldwide which makes product profitability much easier to achieve.
This print on demand partner can be easily integrated with BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and Shopify as well as market-leading platforms like eBay and Amazon too.
Here are a couple of reasons why partnering with Printy6 should be a definite consideration:
- Intuitive user interface. The user interface at Printy6 features a ton of user-friendly features that makes life easier for dropshippers. Whether you’re new to the world of print on demand dropshipping or could be considered an old pro at this point, you’ll be able to create designs and upload them to your ecommerce store in little-to-no time at all.
- Inexpensive products. Printy6 keeps the prices for its products and services to a minimum. And as a dropshipper, you’ll be well aware that that means maximum profitability.
But, despite being user-friendly and great for your profit margins, there are a few things that anyone considering partnering with Printy6 need to consider. These include:
- Long shipping times for US customers. Again, Printy6 might not be your first choice if your customer base is primarily in the US. Shipping can take a whopping 7-20 working days to arrive. And that’s from dispatch.
- Minimal customer service. Customer service at Printy6 isn’t the best. You may have to wait long periods to receive answers to your queries. And when those queries are relating to your customer’s queries, this can have knock-on effects on your own ability to provide consistently excellent customer service too.
AOP+ is becoming a popular choice among retailers that drop ship shirts on a print on demand basis. And that’s in part down to its fee-to-access services. But its popularity can also be attributed to the ease of access and easy to navigate features of the AOP+ user interface.
Given that its products are also consistently cheap, higher profit margins are also achievable. So, there’s plenty of reasons to choose AOP+ as a print on demand partner for your dropshipping business for both beginners, and experienced entrepreneurs.
AOP+ can also be easily integrated with your existing Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, or Amazon ecommerce space.
As well as the many pros to using AOP+ for your print on demand needs listed above, here are a couple more that could help to tip the scales:
- High quality products. Customers and dropshippers using the AOP+ print on demand services have been really pleased with the quality of the products received.
- Great customer service. AOP+ is extremely proud of its customer service. Reviews suggest that there is a mutual feeling that they genuinely care about your business and its success. As such all feedback is welcome.
- App can be somewhat confusing. AOP+ users have reportedly found the app a little tricky to navigate. But, AOP+ is actively investing time and money into improving its services all the time.
- Shipping costs. Shipping costs need to be factored into the price as it can impact profitability. As the AOP+ warehouse is headquartered in London, UK, shipping costs to the USA can be substantially higher.
SPOD is a print-on-demand fulfillment service that's powered by Spreadshirt. For those with a focus on sustainability, SPOD is another great contender. And its speedy shipping sets them apart from other eco competitors.
SPOD also offers discounted samples to dropshippers too. So, if you prefer to confirm that the quality of the products is to your liking ahead of shipping them to your customers, order them to you with a discount price of up to 20% off!
This service provider resonates with eco-friendly dropshipping stores too. And as eco-conscious consumer audiences continue to rise in numbers, this USP is hard to ignore!
Some of the steps this eco-friendly print on demand provider has taken include:
- Offering an organic collection crafted from low-impact cotton sourced from Turkey
- Using a water-saving printing technique with OEKO-TEX-certified vegan ink
- Maintaining paperless production
- Using plastic-free packaging
- Upcycling or donating returns to charity to minimize
As if the pros we’ve outlined above weren’t enough, here are a couple more to add to the pile:
- Efficient production times. Spod aims to process and print your order within 48 working hours of receipt. This means that your product will be on its way to your customer extremely efficiently.
- High rating on Shopify. SPOD scores 4.1 out of 5 on Shopify based on more than 700 reviews. And in a world where we are more likely to leave a negative review than a positive one, that’s a really solid score.
Yes, there’s a lot to like about the print on demand services offered by SPOD. But here are some of the negatives:
- Delivery restrictions. SPOD currently only ships to delivery addresses based in the US and Europe. If you have dreams of conquering the global market, you will have to consider an alternative print on demand partner.
- Maximum file upload applies. When uploading your designs, you’ll need to be mindful of the 10MB limit. But, this is easy to work around with so many free image compressor software providers around.
Teelaunch is a great choice for entrepreneurs looking to build their own brand. It’s print on demand services are ideal for dropshippers looking to sell high-quality products at competitive prices.
This provider uses the direct-to-garment printing process. Basically, the image is printed onto the t-shirt much like printing onto a sheet of paper. And so, the ink is injected directly into the material which generally achieves a better quality product overall.
- Automated profit calculator. If you’ve designed a product and about to send it to print, the automatic profit calculator is a handy tool.
- Access to branded products. Teelaunch offers printing on demand service on branded products too. So, if you spot a brand you trust in that list, you could be onto a winner in terms of building trust with your customers too.
- Limited availability. Currently, Teelaunch only integrates with Shopify and Etsy. If you’re not considering switching, you may need to consider an alternative print on demand service provider.
- Limited branding opportunities. If you’re looking to expand your business, brand is everything. And that’s why being able to stamp yours everywhere possible is a big pro. At Teelaunch, those opportunities are relatively limited when compared to other providers. But, Teelaunch does facilitate adding your store’s logo to the individual packing slips. And you can also insert your own business cards (or similar) in the package prior to it being shipped to your customer too.
CustomCat is a print-on-demand service. And it’s one of rich history with 20+ years of experience in order printing fulfillment.
CustomCat is based in Detroit, US. So, being a US-based print on demand dropshipping provider, you can trust that its products will align with US standards.
This print on demand service integrates easily with dropshipping stores on Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce platforms.
Here are some of the unique selling points boasted by CustomCat and its print on demand services:
- 24/7 production and customer support. The CustomCat team never sleeps. They’re always on hand to produce and ship orders as well as offer solutions for any queries that arise too.
- Variety of high quality printing methods. CustomCat offers a range of printing services including high-quality photographic prints and custom embroidery.
But, as with everything there’s a downside to choosing CustomCat as your dropshipping print on demand supplier. Here it is:
- Shipping times. At CustomCat, expected shipping times are anywhere between 1 and 4 weeks. And with CustomCat being based in the US, you can expect deliveries outside of the US to take closer to the 4-week mark. So, if you’re planning on trying to reach a global customer base, you might want to look for a print on demand service with faster non-US shipping times.
Which print on demand service should I choose?
When trying to decide which dropshipping partners are right for you, there are a number of things you should think about first. These are:
- Brand awareness and reputation. Protect your brand’s reputation by partnering with a print on demand service provider that produces consistently high products. And if you’re looking to grow brand awareness, choose a provider that can also offer brand packaging (or at very least order slips printed with your brand’s logo).
- Profit margins. Compare competitor retail prices. And then compare base prices of more than one of the print on demand services you are considering to ensure you profit margins are viable for this venture.
- Customer base. If your customers base is mainly in the US, a US-based print on demand service such as CustomCat could be the way to go. And, if you’re looking to break into the European dropshipping market, Tpop or SPOD could be a better choice.
- Integrations. You’ll want to ensure that your preferred print on demand provider can be conveniently integrated with your existing CMS and any add-ons you rely on like Spocket!